Everyone knows the road to a summer beach body is a rocky one.
Especially once you have made these!
I made my first batch of Rocky Road for my second valentines day with Mr D as we agreed not to do shop bought presents. I made them in red heart shaped silicone cases which looked fab!
I now sell them at the bakery/cafe where I work! And they are very much in demand! Result!
125g Butter (not marg!)
300g good quality chocolate (I find dark makes it taste richest but Mr D doesn't like dark chocolate and it work perfectly well with milk chocolate instead)
A good dollop of Golden Syrup (roughly 2 tablespoons)
200g Rich Tea biscuits
120g Mini marshmallows
1. Heat the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a pan (or in the microwave). Take the mixture off the heat before all of the chocolate is fully melted and keep stirring- the heat of the mixture will melt the chocolate but not over do it. Put some of the mix into a different bowl and keep aside.
2. Put the biscuits into a sandwich bag and use a rolling-pin to break them up- you don't want crumbs, you want small pieces
3. Add the biscuits a bit at a time to the larger bowl of chocolate mix then pour in your mashmallows.
4. Line a deep baking tray (or you can use silicone moulds which don't need to be lined) and then pour in your biscuit mix.
5. With the remaining melted chocolate mix pour over the top and smooth with a spatula.
6. Put in the fridge for a couple hours and wha-la!